Black lentils are easy to cook and they can be used in a variety of ways. Although they have a creamy consistency, they hold their shape very well.
- 1 cup dry black beluga lentils will make about 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- To cook, 1 cup of black beluga lentils requires 3 cups of liquid
How to Cook Black Beluga Lentils (basic instructions)
- Rinse lentils well with fresh water. Pick over to remove any debris.
- Combine 1 cup black lentils with 3 cups of liquid (water, stock, etc). Be sure to use a large enough saucepan, lentils will at least double in size. Add seasoning of choice. Stir in a pinch of kosher salt (the salt will slow the cooking, but it will enhance flavor and help make the lentils easy to digest.)
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are tender (about 20 to 25 minutes, adding more water as needed to keep the lentils submerged.)
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain them well be serving
Black Lentil Recipes and Ideas
These tiny, earthy-tasting black lentils are super tasty and make a variety of vegan dishes including Mujadara (lentils and rice); roasted butternut squash lentil bowls; or this spicy lentil soup (a fan favorite, by the way!)
For a healthy side next to things like Greek baked cod or Spatchcock chicken, simply cook black lentils as indicated above and finish them with a drizzle of our Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil.
Because our products are food, we cannot accept returns for reasons other than damaged or lost goods. When you place an order through our store, we take every measure to make sure the products arrive to you safely and in top shape. Should you, by any chance, receive a damaged shipment or if your package has been lost or stolen, please email us directly and include your name, order number, and any photos you can share of the damage—we’ll get you taken care of right away!
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event your package returns to us because it was undeliverable, we will cancel the order and refund you the amount of your purchase, less the shipping charge.
We typically ship orders within 1 business day of receiving it. Most of our packages will be shipped Priority Mail via USPS and will be delivered within 2-5 business days. Occasionally we ship via UPS or FedEx Ground if the packages are heavier in weight.
A shipping confirmation with tracking info is provided as soon as the order ships. Check you spam folder if you do not see your shipping confirmation, or feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Products ordered while on backorder will be delivered when they are received in stock and we will do our best to deliver the item by the estimated date. All in stock items will be shipped separately from backorderd items.
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States.