Green lentils can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to cook, but they can be made ahead. If properly refrigerated, cooked plain green lentils may keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- 1 cup of dry green lentils will make about 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils.
- To cook, 1 cup of dry green lentils requires 3 cups of liquid
How to Cook Green Lentils (basic instructions)
- Rinse one cup of dried lentils with water; pick over and remove any debris.
- Transfer them to a saucepan and add 3 cups liquid (water, broth, etc.) Add seasonings and aromatics of choice. Add a pinch of salt (salt may slow down cooking a bit, but it is important to flavoring the lentils.)
- Bring the water to a rapid simmer, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are tender (anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes, adding more water as needed to keep the lentils submerged.)
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain them well be serving
Green Lentil Recipes & Ideas
Because of their firm texture and mild peppery taste, green lentils are a versatile legume that can be used in a variety of ways.
You can use them to create a satisfying power salad, as a side, or to make a hearty pot of chunky vegan lentil soup. Even cooked very simply in boiling water, and finished with our Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil, green lentils can make the perfect bed for this saucy Mediterranean baked fish.
Because our products are food, we cannot accept returns for reasons other than damaged or lost goods. When you place an order through our store, we take every measure to make sure the products arrive to you safely and in top shape. Should you, by any chance, receive a damaged shipment or if your package has been lost or stolen, please email us directly and include your name, order number, and any photos you can share of the damage—we’ll get you taken care of right away!
You can email us at: email@example.com
In the event your package returns to us because it was undeliverable, we will cancel the order and refund you the amount of your purchase, less the shipping charge.
We typically ship orders within 1 business day of receiving it. Most of our packages will be shipped Priority Mail via USPS and will be delivered within 2-5 business days. Occasionally we ship via UPS or FedEx Ground if the packages are heavier in weight.
A shipping confirmation with tracking info is provided as soon as the order ships. Check you spam folder if you do not see your shipping confirmation, or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products ordered while on backorder will be delivered when they are received in stock and we will do our best to deliver the item by the estimated date. All in stock items will be shipped separately from backorderd items.
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States.