How to Make Turkish Coffee (Arabic Coffee):
To make two 3-oz cups of coffee, here is what you need:
- Measure 2 Turkish coffee cups full of water (distilled water preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons ground Turkish coffee
- Sugar, optional
- If using whole beans, be sure to grind the coffee using the lowest setting to get a soft powder-like result. It is best to use a Turkish coffee grinder or a burr grinder. Do not use a coffee grinder with only a spinning blade.
- In a Turkish coffee pot (cezve), put the water, coffee, and sugar (start with ½ teaspoon and up to 2 teaspoon of sugar, if you like your coffee a bit sweeter). Using a spoon, stir briefly to combine.
- Put the pot over medium-low heat and watch closely for it to slowly warm up until a dark bubbly foam builds up at the top (it will take 3 to 4 minutes or so).
- As the foam rises, immediately remove the pot from the heat (do not allow it to boil and overflow). Very quickly, use a spoon to transfer some of the foam into each of your two Turkish coffee cups.
- Return the pot to the stovetop again briefly, and as more bubbles form, use your spoon to transfer them to the cups.
- Return the pot again to the stovetop for an additional 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and very slowly pour the coffee into your cups.
- Let the coffee sit for a minute so that the grounds settle in the bottom. Enjoy!
Because our products are food, we cannot accept returns for reasons other than damaged or lost goods. When you place an order through our store, we take every measure to make sure the products arrive to you safely and in top shape. Should you, by any chance, receive a damaged shipment or if your package has been lost or stolen, please email us directly and include your name, order number, and any photos you can share of the damage—we’ll get you taken care of right away!
You can email us at: [email protected]
In the event your package returns to us because it was undeliverable, we will cancel the order and refund you the amount of your purchase, less the shipping charge.
We typically ship orders within 1 business day of receiving it. Most of our packages will be shipped Priority Mail via USPS and will be delivered within 2-5 business days. Occasionally we ship via UPS or FedEx Ground if the packages are heavier in weight.
A shipping confirmation with tracking info is provided as soon as the order ships. Check you spam folder if you do not see your shipping confirmation, or feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Products ordered while on backorder will be delivered when they are received in stock and we will do our best to deliver the item by the estimated date. All in stock items will be shipped separately from backorderd items.
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States.