French Green Lentils
These all-natural French green lentils are a staple in the Mediterranean pantry. They are know for having a pleasant, mild peppery taste. When cooked, their firm texture allows them to hold their shape well without turning mushy. That’s why green lentils are super versatile and can be used in a variety of ways–from salads, to satisfying sides, and hearty stews. Save when you buy as part of our lentil bundle.
Net wt. 16 oz (454 g)
Green lentils can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to cook, but they can be made ahead. If properly refrigerated, cooked plain green lentils may keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- 1 cup of dry green lentils will make about 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils.
- To cook, 1 cup of dry green lentils requires 3 cups of liquid
How to Cook Green Lentils (basic instructions)
- Rinse one cup of dried lentils with water; pick over and remove any debris.
- Transfer them to a saucepan and add 3 cups liquid (water, broth, etc.) Add seasonings and aromatics of choice. Add a pinch of salt (salt may slow down cooking a bit, but it is important to flavoring the lentils.)
- Bring the water to a rapid simmer, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are tender (anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes, adding more water as needed to keep the lentils submerged.)
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain them well be serving
Green Lentil Recipes:
Because of their firm texture and mild peppery taste, green lentils are a versatile legume that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are just a few recipes:
- Italian Sausage and Lentils
- Moroccan Harira Soup
- Power Lentil Salad
- Vegan Eggplant Meatballs with Lentils
Shipping & Satisfaction Guarantee
Shipping & Satisfaction Guarantee
At The Mediterranean Dish, we want you to feel completely confident and satisfied with your purchase. That's why we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not completely happy with your order, we will gladly refund your purchase price. More details.
Please note during the cold winter months, our olive oils can sometimes freeze during transit and cause some of the natural waxes to separate from the oil, causing some cloudiness or floating particles. This is completely normal and does not impact the quality of the olive oil in any way. To thaw, simply leave the olive oil in room temperature. Do not in any way warm up the olive oil in a microwave or put it in direct sunlight. Olive oil is best stored in a cool dark room to preserve its life and quality.
We typically ship orders within 1 business day of receiving it. Most of our packages will be shipped UPS or FedEx Ground and will be delivered within 2-5 business days. Occasionally we ship via USPS if the packages are lighter in weight.
A shipping confirmation with tracking info is provided as soon as the order ships. Check you spam folder if you do not see your shipping confirmation, or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States.
Why buy from us?
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We believe in our products. That’s why we guarantee your satisfaction or your money back.
You can be rest assured that none of our lentils contain bioengineered ingredients.
We are doing this the old fashioned way! Our suppliers package only to order, and we, in turn, order in small batches to ensure freshness and flavor integrity.
Toasted sourdough..havarti cheese..sundried tomatoes topped with green lentils