Za’atar Spice Blend
An aromatic spice blend with both earthy and subtle citrus undertones, and just a hint of nuttiness. Our all-natural Za’atar Spice blend features wild thyme, toasted sesame seeds, and sumac from North Africa and Turkey.
There are many easy ways that you can start incorporating Za’atar spice into your meals! You can start with sprinkling za’atar on hummus or salad, for example. Add a dash on your olive-oil fried egg…Delicious! Or in this simplest of Middle Eastern appetizers called “zayt and za’atar,” which literally translates to olive oil and za’atar. You take a small piece of warm pita bread, dip it in extra virgin olive oil then in the za’atar spice, and eat!
Za’atar spice is used on a daily basis in the Eastern Mediterranean kitchen. I have a few recipes to get you started!
Ingredients: Sumac, thyme, salt, hulled sesame seeds
Net weight: 1.4 oz (39 g)
An aromatic spice blend with both earthy and subtle citrus undertones, and just a hint of nuttiness. Our all-natural Za’atar Spice blend features high quality French wild thyme, oregano, toasted sesame seeds, and sumac from Turkey.
How to Use Za’atar Spice?
Za’atar spice is used on a daily basis in the Eastern Mediterranean kitchen. There are many easy ways that you can start incorporating Za’atar spice into your cooking. You can start with simply sprinkling za’atar on your hummus dip or salad, for example.
Here are a few of our favorite Za’atar recipes:
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with eggplant and za’atar
- Za’atar Roasted Chicken
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant with Pomegranate and Tahini
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Za’atar
Things You Need to Know About our Spices
- Sourced from top quality suppliers from different corners of the world and the Mediterranean basin
- All-Natural. Every spice or spice blend contains only raw commodity herbs and spices, and absolutely nothing else (no dies or colors; no fillers…nothing else)
- Not a single spice or spice blend has been treated with radiation
- Fresh. We are doing this the old fashioned way! Our suppliers package only to order, and we, in turn, order in small batches to ensure freshness and flavor integrity
- Spices labeled “organic” have been USDA certified.
- Spices are inherently gluten-free
- Our supplier operates Orthodox Union Kosher Certified facilities, and under the highest of safety and quality standards