Aleppo pepper is mild—the heat builds slowly, giving off a raisin-like flavor or a sweetness akin to the best kind of sundried tomatoes! This versatile spice can be added where chili pepper is called for, providing depth and a bit of a Middle Eastern twist.
Sourced typically from Aleppo, Syria. However, because of the current conditions in the region, our suppliers are able to temporarily source from Turkey.
Try Aleppo-Style Pepper in these Recipes
- Steamed Salmon
- Baba Ganoush
- Chickpea Instant Pot Soup
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Simple Pasta with Peas and Pancetta
Things You Need to Know About our Spices
- Sourced from top quality suppliers from different corners of the world and the Mediterranean basin
- All-Natural. Every spice or spice blend contains only raw commodity herbs and spices, and absolutely nothing else (no dies or colors; no fillers…nothing else)
- Not a single spice or spice blend has been treated with radiation
- Fresh. We are doing this the old fashioned way! Our suppliers package only to order, and we, in turn, order in small batches to ensure freshness and flavor integrity
- Spices labeled “organic” have been USDA certified.
- Spices are inherently gluten-free
- Our supplier operates Orthodox Union Kosher Certified facilities, and under the highest of safety and quality standards