What’s so special about this honey?
Honey is nature’s sweetener and has been enjoyed by humankind for thousands of years. It is rich in phytonutrients, vitamins and polyphenols that counterbalance its natural sugars and has healing and antibiotic properties.
Our Alfa honey comes from the Fragiadakis family, hailing from a small, historic village at the foot of Mt Psiloritis in Crete. This family of beekeepers have been handing down the secrets of beekeeping for generations and continue to teach their children how to respect and care for the bees. Their honey is sustainably harvested in the bio-diverse mountains of Crete, a dense habitat of aromatic flora, like wild thyme, sage and pine. Their nomad apicultures produce a honey of unparalleled flavor and nutritional value, which is bottled without any additives and under strict quality regulations.
Try these recipes to get started with honey
- Honey Mustard Salmon
- Phyllo-Wrapped Baked Feta with Honey
- Grilled Watermelon with Chili and Honey-Lime Sauce
- Easy Balsamic Chicken
Things you need to know about our honey
Most commercial honey produced in the US is mixed with sugar or corn syrup and depleted of its antioxidant nutrients through heating and pasteurization. But our honey is:
- 100% pure, unprocessed, raw honey
- Not subjected to any thermic handling
- Rich in antioxidant minerals, polyphenols and bee pollen
- Winner at the 2019 Great Taste Awards, Gold winner at the 2019 London Honey Awards, Gold winner at the 2018 Olymp Tasting Awards
- 310 g (10.93 oz) glass jar